We are excited to announce that WordCamp Ahmedabad 2017 is now accepting speaker applications for our WordCamp…Calling All Narrators!
It is all about bringing everyone together like developers, designers, business owners and bloggers, who are interested in sharing their knowledge, skill, experience, stories and passion for WordPress with the welcoming community. We are thrilled to encourage the best speakers from any location throughout the WordPress Community and beyond to submit their session ideas.
Tips for a Great Speaker Application
- We encourage new speakers so don’t hesitate to apply, if applying for the First time. For us your command over the subject is the prime/essential thing presentation skills comes second for us.
- Local speakers from local community will be given first preference.
- We would also love to hear Stories/Real Life Examples from you, instead of only Theoretical Gyan [ Knowledge ]. So try to co-relate your topic/presentation with our day to day life problems/experience/solutions/expectation as we expect good take away for our attends from your session 🙂
- Group Presentation is also accepted so do share your thoughts with us, we will try to facilitate you for the same.
Some Ground Rules and Session Format !!!
- Ideally, your session should not be more than 20 minutes log with an additional 10 minutes for Q&A.
- We have 2 Days for speaking and both day have different agenda so before applying for Day – 1 or Day – 2 we recommend you to have a look over the Why 3 days WordCamp Ahmedabad article and select the Day of speaking accordingly.
- Topics in Gujarati & Hindi are also welcomed.
- If you have multiple session suggestion on different days, please apply multiple times.
- Speakers need to submit their session, presentation & deliverables link details well in advance for the review purpose.
- Speakers are also volunteers. Everyone is treated equally at WordCamp, so speakers will receive the same treatment as others.
- Speakers are not paid to speak at WordCamp, nor their session is meant to promote their product or themselves. The aim is to share their knowledge, and that’s what we’re looking for.
- If you’re selling any WordPress-related products then they should be 100% GPL, in order to apply.
- We are going to record every session at WordCamp and they will be published online. By applying to speak, you agree that WordPress Foundation has the right and permission to use and publish such media — which may include my name, likeness, voice, city/state of residence, or photograph — for any purpose in any format, online (including, but not limited to, WordPress.tv and WordCamp.org) and/or offline, now and hereafter without further compensation, permission, or notification.